Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Kermithefrog
Regular Visitor

HELP - FILTER START/BEGIN WITH

Hello.

I have a table (ML) which has a column with various numbers (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...) , those numbers are not unique, they can be like :

(Example)

With 0:

0001, 0002, 0003

001, 002, 003

01,02,03, etc.

With 1:

1000, 1001, 1002,

100, 1001, 102,

10, 11, 12

(Continues to 9)

But I only need the FIRST number or the FIRST two numbers. 

1st case (1st filter): Return all the numbers of the column that begins with 6, BUT NOT with 64 or 69.

2nd case: (2nd filter): Return all the numbers of the column that begins with 7.

I know I can do that with visual filters, but I only can apply that to one case, If I try to filter the 1st case and the 2nd case at the same time, they will both be filtered and I won't receive all the values that I need.

Help pls?

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kermithefrog ,

Do you mean that you don't want the filter to filter two cases at the same time? You can try to use the Edit interactions function to select the visual objects that need to be interacted with.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1619429762517.png

Here is the reference document link.Power BI - Edit Interactions features - Power BI Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Henry.

Thank your for answer.

In fact, those "Edit interactions" tool are really good, but that's not what I want/need in this case.

I need some help, in DAX, to give me 2 filters, like I said:

1st case (1st filter): Return all the numbers of the column that begins with 6, BUT NOT with 64 or 69.

2nd case: (2nd filter): Return all the numbers of the column that begins with 7.

I solved this using SQL, but I need to know how to solve this in DAX too.

Tks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.