Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ben83
Regular Visitor

Group filter

Is there a ability to group several visuals to set only one visual filter for all visuals you want?

When you have e.g. 10 visuals and you would like to filter the first 5 visuals and the second 5 visuals for different periods currently the only option is to filter each single visual with an own visual filter (e.g. 10 times the same filter) because the site filter and the report filter would filter all visuals by the same settings.

6 REPLIES 6
SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I guess you can import the data again (duplication) with the same relationships and without having any relation with the existing data.

Have 5 visuals from data1 with their corresponding filters and 5 visuals from data2 with their corresponding filters.

Give it a try!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Ben83 - Page filter - Put 5 visuals on one page and the other 5 visuals on another page.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I know that this way works but I need the visuals on one page because they are a part of an one page report. Do you have further ideas to solve my problem?

Nope, those are the choices, report, page and visual filters. You can submit it as an Idea.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler I have already done it. Please vote for it. 😉

Group filter

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Depending on the filtering you need to do you could use slicers and edit their visual interactions with the elements on the page.

Slicer 1 is associated with the first 5, and slicer 2 is associated with the latter 5.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.