Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mnahmany
Frequent Visitor

GoogleDrive URL Image stopped rendering on service and desktop

Hi All,

Multiple reports that contain Google images and have been used for years, stopped rendering correctly on or about the start of 2024. What we see is a blank (white) box where the image used to be with no error message. This happens in the service and in the Desktop. No changes were made to the reports and we tested again to make sure the images are public and accessible by pasting the URL into a browser.

Any help would be gretly appreciated.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
JulesDetribu

Thanks for posting the ticket mnahmany. I am experiencing the same issue, and my URLs also retrieved images correctly outside of PowerBI. So it appears to be a PowerBI issue.  I upgraded to the latest Desktop release and this did not change anything. 

mnahmany
Frequent Visitor

Already watched this video multiple times. Itis exactly how we do it and it has worked for years.

So is this a ticket?

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mnahmany 

old problem.

there was a workaround, but it looks like it does not work anymore. Probably, Google has changed something

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-can-I-use-Google-drive-URL-in-image-viewer/m-p...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1joksnUW04&ab_channel=ComputerHelp

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
mnahmany
Frequent Visitor
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @mnahmany 

if you provide any problem image URL we can test on our side

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.