Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to Dataset

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to go to dataset or existing saved report while working on another report in Power BI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Ope your both reports in Power BI Desktop. You will end up with 2 Power BI Desktop files opened - previous dashboard & last dashboard.

You can swicth between them while working on one of them.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Sujit_Thakur
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can see file option on toolbar on top of power bi UI while working with power bi desktop , in file option you can select open a report or open new blank report . 

And for going and editing /  seeing dataset you can select dataset icon on left vertical toolbar in power BI  desktop 

If this help , please mark this as answer and give kudos 👍by pressing a thumbs up button on my reply .

Happy to help👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sujit_Thakur I need to open a dashboard that was already published while working on different report that is yet to be published.

After publishing it will ask "open filename in power bi", but here I want to open that while working on another report. 

Dear Ram , 

I still cannot understand please elaborate , I mean if you have published a dashboard and simultaneously you want to open a another report which is not publish simply you can open it in your Power BI desktop .

If you have published both of them then you can open both in different window in your browser .

If I am still not on your solution please elaborate I'll try my best to help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I got it @Sujit_Thakur

Thanks,

RamKannan

HI @Anonymous ,

Just open the existing report in a new browser and keep your working report in a different browser.

Youcan also use different windows, so easy to switch between them while working on one of your report.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So it means I should login to power bi in one browser seperately for dashboard and I need to work on reports in Power BI desktop app. Is that right? 

Yes you can 👍, open dasboard in browser and open another report / dashboard in desktop app 👍.

Please give kudos and accept my reply as answer if I have helped you to get through your doubts 👍👍.

I will appreciate your effort , and I am open to help you can even tag me in your questions so that I am notified 👍 

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you be more precise here? are you working on Power BI desktop or in Power Bi service?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pragati11 ,

I'm working on Power BI desktop. If I need to go to power query editor I have to choose it from the transform data. Suppose if I need to go to an existing dashboard while I'm working on another report in Power BI desktop, how can I? 

Thanks,

RamKannan

Hi @Anonymous ,

Ope your both reports in Power BI Desktop. You will end up with 2 Power BI Desktop files opened - previous dashboard & last dashboard.

You can swicth between them while working on one of them.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I got it what I want.

Thanks,

RamKannan

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.