Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BerlinCity

Give structure to data slicer options

Hello Everybody!

I try to structure options in data slicers. For example, we have sick leave data dependent on diagnosis. Because there are more than 1000 diagnoses, we only want to show the Top100. But even with this amount is not very user friendly to show simply selection list with 100 options. In the standard data slicer it is possible to set different levels. But in this case Power Bi calculates the sum for level 1, what is not useful in my case.

Here is a screenshot of the slicer:

BerlinCity_0-1675256240202.png

There is meaningful data for the diagnosis A09 and B34. But it makes no sense to show the sum of these two for the Diagnosisgroup „Infections (A00-B99)“, because there are many more diagnoses in this group.

Is there a way to prevent a sum calculation for level 1? Or is there any way to structure my data slicer options without this „sum logic“?

Thank you in advance for your response!

1 REPLY 1
BerlinCity

...and to make it more precise: I'm searching for a way to do this with the standard data slicer. I searched for a solution by myself, of cause. I found a way to built the discribed option structure with the hierachy slicer, but this slicer got a different look and feel. We distribute the report on a webpage, so we try to create reports for our users with a totally consistent behavior.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.