Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gustavop
Regular Visitor

Get correct value once spliting starting date and ending date

Hi there,

Appreciate if someone help to fix my issue.

I have a report with start date and end date collumn and other collumn with sales values. Once I place the values per month it doesnt give it correct since the value has been allocated into the end date pool.

Eg: Start date 20.12.2020 End date 03.12.2020. Sales 1000

The graphic place the 1000 into the end date so the 1000k will be placed for December.

In this case, I would need the value be placed proportionally correct when comes to split the date value correct in each month in my graphic.

Tks for 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @gustavop,

You can take a look at the following link to create a calculated table to expand the date ranges between start end date.
After these steps, you can filter on the new table date field to simply interact/summary with raw table records based on filter selections.

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gustavop,

Can please share some dummy data with a similar data structure and expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi there,

Tks for getting back to my issue.

The point is, I have the start date, end date and retail sales values.

Once I got the start date 20 dec 2020 and 3 jan 2021 and retail value 20k and put it into the graphic, all the 20 k goes to end date so it is displayed into jan month.

What I need here to have the total retail 20k split equally all over all dates in this range 20 dec 2020 and 3 jan 2021. Like below:

20 dec 2020 to 3 jan 2021 = 14 days

Retail sales = 20k

20k/14 = 1.428

So it will be

20 dec 2020 = 1,428

21 dec 2020 = 1,428

1 Jan 2021= 1,428

So like this once placed in the graphic I will have the lines closed to reality. It means I will have value in dec and jan.

Tks for your help 😉

Hi @gustavop,

You can take a look at the following link to create a calculated table to expand the date ranges between start end date.
After these steps, you can filter on the new table date field to simply interact/summary with raw table records based on filter selections.

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.