cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get X-Axis to display every hour in the day

Hi I have two clustered columns I want to display one below each other. These show total values for each hour.

However, if an hour doesn't have data, it doesn't show that hour.

For example, graph 1 might only have data from 06:00 to 21:00. Graph data has data from 00:00 to 23:00.

But I want both graphs to display all 24 hours in the day.

Is there anyway I can set the X-axis to display the 24 hours of the day, so you can compare the two graphs? I've tried "Show items with no data" but that's not working.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MaxTheMarshall 

You need create a new table with a column which is listing 0-24 hour, and then manage the relationship between your fact table. 

Then you can use the new column added above as X axis, and enable the "Show items with no data", I believe you can work it out!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MaxTheMarshall 

You need create a new table with a column which is listing 0-24 hour, and then manage the relationship between your fact table. 

Then you can use the new column added above as X axis, and enable the "Show items with no data", I believe you can work it out!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

Super User IV
Super User IV

@MaxTheMarshall Try:

Measure =
  VAR __Calc = <some calc>
RETURN
  __Calc+0

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors