Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Get Data | Unable to connect to sharepoint folder (isolated case)

I know this is isolated because I am able to connect to another person's OneDrive folder through "Sharepoint.Files".

OData is working but Sharepoint.Files is not... hmmm what could be wrong here? It was working fine before the weekend.

I really don't want to switch to OData because if so, I would have to edit a lot of queries.

But I need help in identifying the problem, as below:

CantConnectSharepoint Files.PNG

CantConnectSharepoint Files_PQ.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ovetteabejuela,

Try getting a network trace using a tool like fiddler. You could also create a support ticket for assistance.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll learn how to use it. But an update though, I did move away some files and everything just worked. Not really sure if that did it or something else but so far it's been working fine. I'm planning to move some more files away from that Site Collection, the problem is it was not mine and if it was I would have created Sub-sites to manage everything.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Here's what I tried so far I tried switching API version to 14 but what's weird is that I am getting that extra line of "Error" which would mean that I would need to add another step to remove that (Remove Errors)

However I'm not convinced that this is the ultimate solution, again because:

This same method Get Data > From Sharepoint Folders is working on another sources (another person's OneDrive)

Further research, leads me to this: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/SharePoint-Folder-Connector-fails-for-API-15/idc-p/586800#M3...

Which explains why after 3 hours I am not getting anything back from the community for an answer to my question.

But I hope there is still someone out there who knows about this.

...and please upvote that idea I just shared.

I have another speculation... Site/Subsite size and/or file count? would that also contribute to this error?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.