Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Count of Rows for Table Visual Filtered by Measures

I am having issues getting a row count of results based on a measure being filtered by another measure. 

I'm calculating an average in a client hierarchy where the most aggregated element will be the store, then chain, and finally channel. So I want to compare the average of the store against the average of the chain to which the store belongs to.  

I'm using this measure that works fine:

210. Facing Avg Store = 
VAR V1 = [201. Facing Avg]
VAR V2 = CALCULATE([201. Facing Avg], ALL(DIM_CLIENT_VW[DESC_CHAIN]), ALL(DIM_CLIENT_VW[DESC_STORE]))
VAR V3 = CALCULATE([201. Facing Avg], ALL(DIM_CLIENT_VW[DESC_STORE])) 
RETURN
IF(HASONEFILTER(DIM_CLIENT_VW[DESC_STORE]),V3,
IF(HASONEFILTER(DIM_CLIENT_VW[DESC_CHAIN]),V2, V1))

Then, I need to count the Stores that are above avg and the stores below avg. To identify them, I'm subtracting the Average minus the Store Avg and creating a flag, depending on if the result is above or below zero like this:

210. Benchmark above/below store =
VAR V1 = [201. Facing Avg] - [210. Facing Avg Store]
RETURN
IF(V1 > 0, 1, IF(V1 < 0, -1, BLANK()))

The result is ok, I'm able to identify which stores are above and which are below.
The issue is when I try to count the flag and show it on a Card object or use it for another calculation, and I think is because of the aggregation on the original measure [210. Facing Avg Store], If I don't have stores in the axis, the total is blank because any of the conditions are fulfilled.
Is there a way I can get the result I'm looking for? I've tried using a table and filter the table by the flag, and the number I obtain is ok, but I can't use the result in any calculations and I need it to known the % of stores below avg and the % above avg.

Hope you can help me,

Mijalis

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

It is difficult to image your model without any data. Please provide some sample.

Read this post to describe your sample:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.