Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jeanramonyap
Helper I
Helper I

Gantt chart adding an extra day to end date

I am using Gantt 2.2.3 in a visual and when I hover over the start and end dates, there is always an additional day to the end date. It seems that each data point always has to have a full day to display. For example, I have System Downtime for January 1, 2024.

The tooltip will display:

Start Date: January 1, 2024

End Date: January 2, 2024

It cannot understand that I have the downtime ONLY for January 1, 2024. Anyone can figure out this issue?

jeanramonyap_0-1707831064509.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeanramonyap
Helper I
Helper I

I think I found a solution. Under Duration, I set the Duration unit to hours and set it to 12. This allowed the visual to display same day (start and finish dates) without the addition to be the full day. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jeanramonyap
Helper I
Helper I

I think I found a solution. Under Duration, I set the Duration unit to hours and set it to 12. This allowed the visual to display same day (start and finish dates) without the addition to be the full day. 

v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jeanramonyap ,
According to your description, in the Gantt chart, your end date is always one day more than the date in the data. To go about solving your problem, first make sure that both the start date and end date in the dataset are formatted correctly as date fields. Sometimes, if the time component is included and not set to the same value (e.g., 12:00 AM for start and end), it can cause the visual object to add an extra day. Next, in the Gantt Chart visual settings, look for any options related to the way the duration calculation or end date is displayed. Adjust these settings to see if they affect the tooltip display.
If the above steps don't solve your problem, please provide us with your pbix file so we can better help you solve the problem.Please remove any sensitive data in advance.

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.