Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

J_EFC
Frequent Visitor

GA4 - Implementation 2.0

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with the GA4 Implementation 2.0 connector pulling through data and have a couple of questions. 

I've pulled through the data and if I just pull through date and activeusers, it's fine.

1. I've filtered by date for the 5/12/2023 and the activeusers returned is 4,242 which is the same as GA shows for the total on GA.

When you add defaultChannelGroup the total diminishes to 452. 

How do we circumvent the dimension stripping out a load of users?

2. Also has anyone figured out a way to return the uniqe users, as activeusers/totalusers both return the distinct number of guests, where we'd want the unique number.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @J_EFC ,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the GA4 Implementation 2.0 connector. I’ll do my best to help you out.

According to your first question, it seems that the dimension is causing the issue. This dimension is used to group traffic sources into default channels. It’s possible that the dimension is filtering out some of the users, resulting in a lower total number of active users.

You can try to use a different dimension or combination of dimensions that better suit your needs to solve this issue.

You can use the following links for help:

Power Query Google Analytics connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

According to your second question, it’s not entirely clear what you mean by “unique users”. Maybe you could ask this link for help.

Power BI Google Analytics 4 Connector - Microsoft Fabric Community

If this link doesn’t have any help. Could you describe what you want in more detail without sensitive information?

Best Regards,

Yifan Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I used a different combination and managed to get it to work, so thanks! 

The unique users I am referring to is that when you filter by dates on GA, the total users are stripped down so that each user is only logged once. 

For example if I filtered by the last week on GA, the total users on the graph matches PBi for each individual day, but the total users for the whole week doesn't.

I've been told this is because the total users for the week only counts each guest once, even if they have visited more than once over that period. Then their session count is the correct amount. 

I was wondering if anyone had found a way to only count a user once on PBi over a 7 day period etc?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.