Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kelcicoe
Helper I
Helper I

Full graph without scroll bar?

month.JPG

I am trying to make it so that there is no scroll bar on the bottom of the x-axis and all of the data will exist in a single frame.  Is there a way to make that happen?

6 REPLIES 6
Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @kelcicoe , there are few alternatives we can do but not sure if they work as your data size and points are more. Please try the below possiblities and see if they work:

1. Increase the width of the visual and place it properly in your report

2. Decrease the category width and columns width as well including the font size in X axis also. 

3. Create hierarchy for Year and Month and provide drill down options to limit the data in the visual. 

4. You can also use zoom slider if that helps to solve your problem

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

markmess77
Resolver I
Resolver I

I would make sure that your date field is actually being recognized as a date datatype. Then go to the format pane of the visual, click the x-axis drop-down and set the type as continuous instead of categorical.

I am pulling in from a golden dataset, so I am not the creator of this data.  I am unable to edit the dates datatype but it appears to be "text".  Would I need to go into the master data to edit this or is there anyway to create a new date varaible from the exisiting one and change the type?

There should be a drop-down list where you see "text". Try selecting "Date" from it. If you are unable to convert it to a date, then yes you would need to create a new data variable from the existing one. 

How do I create a new variable from an existing one?

Probably the simplest way to do it is to create a column from example in power query. This article should show you how to get started with it: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-add-column-from-example 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.