Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

phteven79
Frequent Visitor

Formatting issues including format painter and font size

I've come across a number of issues with formatting in Power BI, not sure if they are bugs or inadequacies and if they are known or not.

• The format painter isn't working when I try to use it between text boxes. Either by selecting the visualisation itself or specific text within the source and destination.
  • Formatting applied to a text box isn't entirely retained in the text formatting pop up, specifcally colour. If Format painter won't work on text boxes I can't see anywhere to know exactly what shade the text is to replicate it on other visualisations. I shouldn't have to keep manual notes on these changes outside of the software.
  • Font size for the same font across different types of visualisations is of different proportions. I have a card that has a category label font of Arial Unicode MS at size 10. However if I apply that same font and size to text in a text box the size 10 appears as small as you would see in a typical MS Office document. For some reason size 10 in a visualisation is much bigger than size 10 elsewhere. I have to set the text in my text box to size 14 for it to match. This isn't an issue from data label to text font, just category label it seems.

These seem like genuine issues that needs work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @phteven79,

Format painter is used to format visuals, it seems not works on text content which stored in textbox.

I'd like to suggest you refer to below link to know more about format painter: Format Painter

Sample:

Two card visuals with different font family and size.

1.PNG

Choose one card visual, click on format painter and you will find the arrow becomes to brush icon.

2.PNG

Use brush arrow click on other visual, then it will format as card A.

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @phteven79,

Format painter is used to format visuals, it seems not works on text content which stored in textbox.

I'd like to suggest you refer to below link to know more about format painter: Format Painter

Sample:

Two card visuals with different font family and size.

1.PNG

Choose one card visual, click on format painter and you will find the arrow becomes to brush icon.

2.PNG

Use brush arrow click on other visual, then it will format as card A.

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.