Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jitmondo
Helper III
Helper III

Formatting If/divide dax to show -100 as a zero

Hi All,

I have a table below which shows actuals against targets and a 3rd column which shows the variance.

I want the variance to exclude anything that is negative -100% but cant seem to get it in my if formula.

Any ideas on what I could do ?

Jitmondo_1-1648542479244.png

I have tried the following to deal with blanks, then i nested another if to say if it = -100 then display blank/0 etc but it has no impact. Is this something I should have dealt with at the divide stage between actual and target possibly ?

IF Target Variance % = IF(ISBLANK( Sales Teams'[Target Variance %]),"-",'Sales Teams'[Target Variance %])

Any help or advice - much appreciated  🙂

6 REPLIES 6
wangshuq

I am also looking for ways, but turn out it is easier to change the number formact to  [<1]0.0%;""

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Jitmondo , Then try this:
Result = var Target_Variance% = IF(ISBLANK( Sales Teams'[Target Variance %]),"-",'Sales Teams'[Target Variance %])
return 
If(Target_Variance% =-100, 0,Target_Variance%)

OR

Result = var Target_Variance% = IF(ISBLANK( Sales Teams'[Target Variance %]),"-",'Sales Teams'[Target Variance %])
return 
If(Target_Variance% <>-100,Target_Variance%,0)

Mark this as a solution & hit the thumbs up if it helps you. Thanks.

Still no luck I am afraid, I feel like they should work to be honest but will look at the actual target variance measure to see if I can make amendments there ...

Target Variance % = calculate(divide(sum(Opportunity[Total Price (GBP)])-'Measures'[Target Sum],' Measures'[Target Sum]))

I think I need to somehow instrust the dax to complete the above calculation where there is no blank or zero in either actuals or targets if that makes sense.
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Jitmondo , Try this:
return 
If(Target_Variance% >=0, Target_Variance%, 0)

@Jitmondo -> please mark this as a solution & hit the thumbs up if it helps you. Thanks.

Thanks @truptis I tried this but it makes all negatives 0

Jitmondo_0-1648547138059.png

I only want to -100 to be zero or blank as it means either actual or target is empty...

I think they were close:

Try

return 
If(Target_Variance% =-1, 0,Target_Variance%)

Power BI treats percentages as decimals with 100% equalling 1. So if you were looking to only ignore negative 100%. Tell it to treat -1 as 0, otherwise bring up anything else. 

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.