Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ximenamedina

Format: Change style of border of a column in a "line and stacked column" chart

Hi.

I've started working with Power BI recently so I'm still pretty new to this tool.

I want to know if there's any way to change the style of the borders of a column in a "Line and Stacked Column Chart". I know there's an option to change the color of the border of the chart, but I only want to style a column itself.

Also, is there a way to make the border dotted instead of a continuous line?

Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ximenamedina I don't think you cannot change the style of the border, except the color. A lot of formatting options are still in development and I'm sure this will also come as a feature sometime in the future. If there is an idea for this ideas forum, vote for it or create a new one.

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lauraei

Hello,  do you know if it's possible to add a border to the column? thanks

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ximenamedina,

Unfortunately, power bi does not share these parts of properties to do formatting. (for power bi theme, it also not support to setting not released properties)
Currently, you can only change some normal options (e.g. size, color, position...)
I'd like to suggest you design a custom visual or submit ideas for these requirements.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ximenamedina I don't think you cannot change the style of the border, except the color. A lot of formatting options are still in development and I'm sure this will also come as a feature sometime in the future. If there is an idea for this ideas forum, vote for it or create a new one.

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.