Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Qianru221
Helper II
Helper II

Forecast of sales volumn using a combination of R studio and Power BI

Hi all, currently I am struggling with a forecast problem.

Requirement - Live connection of data between company data server and Power BI

- Using live data (historical sales volumn data unitl next refresh) to build a forecast model

- Visualise the forecast in Power BI

My current situation is

The model has been built up using R studio using some data exported in cvs format. (models are a combination of linear regression, ARIMA and HoltWinters, independent variables are employee absence, dates as well as holidays). I tried in Power BI using - get Data - More - Others - R script. The forecast can therefore be done and graphs are plotted. However I need the data to be always in-time and therefore I imported all the sales data into power BI and tidied them up(sales volumn, employee absence, holidays etc). I want to now run the R code on the data exited in the Power BI. How would I be able to achieve that?

Is there someone who is really proficient in both R and Power BI and have encountered similar problems? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Qianru.

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Qianru221,

When you import the data into Power BI, create a R visual, select needed fields in the highlighted background area and add R script in the box highlighted in red line.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.