Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

poweruser55
Helper IV
Helper IV

Force country relationship with a measure

I have a country mapping table that contains the column country_name and a rate table that contains the column country when i do a 1 to many realtionship country -> country_name it works but when I create a table the results are blank. The column is identical so i do not understand why it isn't working. I want to force a realtionship with a dax query measure, how can I do it?

3 REPLIES 3
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @poweruser55 

Is it possible to share the sample data and expected output to work on this?

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Yes, there are actually 4 tables to consider. 

FX Table   Country Mapping TPR table      Fact Table
CodeCountryPlan 23 Country_NameCurrency SMNPLCurrent Plant2023-Plant 2023-Current SPC 2023- Current SPC Plant Curr SMNQuantity
USDUSA4.30000 USAUSD 8959CentaurFLAFLA 10 USD 89596

Screenshot 2023-06-21 040802.png

I have the Conensus/TPR connected by SMN. If you were to only use the Fact (consensus)
table it would connect with the country mapping table but does not work when you add the TPR table.

I also have the FX table, conensus and country mapping table connected. The connection there is country_name and country. 

Shouldn't there already be an indirect relationship because of the country connection? So the issue is when I try to add country to the first table I described it says there is no relationship because the first table has column SMN as linkage and columns country_name and country in the second table. Attached is a screenshot of the two tables. 

So the consensus/tpr table is missing that country mapping connection. @AnkitKukreja 

@poweruser55 

I am late on this. Please share a pbix file after removing the PII data.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.