Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

staffbrub
Frequent Visitor

Find how many people are clocked in per 15 minutes

I have clock in and clock out data for employees and I want to be able to caclualate how many people are IN every 15 minutes. I created a time table with 15 minute increments. I also rounded the clock in/out data to be 15 minutes too.  I also have a date table too. 

I would like to see

4:00 PM4:15 PM4:30 PM4:45 PM5:00 PM5:15 PM...7:30 PM 
# of Empoyees011122 1 

Time Table
12:00 AM
12:15 AM
12:30 AM

EmployeeDateTime InTime OutRound InRound Out
A1/5/20234:10 PM6:55 PM4:15 PM7:00 PM
B1/5/20235:00 PM8:00 PM5:00 PM8:00 PM
3 REPLIES 3
staffbrub
Frequent Visitor

Any other ideas on how to look at the time between clock in and clock out?

olgad
Super User
Super User

Hi, 

1) create many to one relationship between the time in the time table and Round In. 
2) Then create a matrix, the columns are the time values, the values are employee count, the row name will be empty
3) Create a text box with a text #of employees, turn off the background of that text box and place it where needed, expand the blue grid if needed
4) when you click on matrix, this text box will disappear, to avoid that create a new text box with the size of matrix, group them, make sure the text box is under the matrix and here you have it. 

olgad_2-1676404324163.png

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime

Mine only seems to show at what time they clock in. Doesn't their need to be a formula that looks at the clock out too? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.