Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Find a selected word in a sentence in another table

I have a table with a word listing and product,  I have survey free text answers in 4 separate tables based on product and survey time so I created a word frequency based on the the # of times a word is used in the sentences and I would like for the user to select that word from a visual and then see all the responses that contain that word in a new table visual.  The tables have no joins.  Is this possible?  I tried to play with selected values and contain and nothing worked.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I created a short example, please check the pbix for detail.

Keyword = IF(SEARCH(SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[Key words]),MIN('Table'[Sentence]),,0)>0,SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[Key words]))

V-pazhen-msft_0-1612251401823.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I created a short example, please check the pbix for detail.

Keyword = IF(SEARCH(SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[Key words]),MIN('Table'[Sentence]),,0)>0,SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[Key words]))

V-pazhen-msft_0-1612251401823.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Using TREATAS Function and CONTAINSSTRING Funciton you can achieve this. Try that, mean time if any sample data can help give more concrete answer

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.