Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

villasenorbritt
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filters/Slicers/Relationships

villasenorbritt_0-1655393045518.png

I am having trouble figuring out the complex nature of the relationhips and slicers that I need to make this project work, My Bar/Line graph is coming from a source named OnlyGoodData. There is another data source where the Thickness Issue is getting its data from, which is important to make sure we are not cherry picking what we consider "good data". I want to be able to click the thickness issue and have that show up on the graph so that we can visually see how many peices of wood per day per shift had these issues. I cannot connect the ThicknessIssues to the GoodData in a relationship because it is creating an issue with circular relationships. How would I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I appreciate your input. I have solved my issues. I had made a bunch of SQL views in order to extract the info I wanted since I am not that great at Power Bi. This was creating issues since there were so many relationships and I could not figure out how to connect them. To fix this error, I decided it might be easier use formulas. I ended up creating a column that lists data as having issues or no issues, which is in the same table as the Thickness Issues and most of my other data. This eliminated my need to create all of these relationships and instead I am able to allow the user to choose whether to include or exclude data issues, and then filter in which data issues they want to see and this is all coming from the same table. I will say that part of the problem was that I had to create my own PK and FK to connect two of my tables. I did this by combining the "SampleNumber" and "ShiftDate" in SQL in order to create a view that contains unique values and connected them on that. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @villasenorbritt 

Can you please show some sample data of the thickness issues and explain what to do with it? Where do you want to put it to be clicked in the report? On which graph do you want it to show up? And how are these thickness issues should be related to the good data? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. If you paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services it will be easier to assist you. I cannot use screenshots of your source data.

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

I appreciate your input. I have solved my issues. I had made a bunch of SQL views in order to extract the info I wanted since I am not that great at Power Bi. This was creating issues since there were so many relationships and I could not figure out how to connect them. To fix this error, I decided it might be easier use formulas. I ended up creating a column that lists data as having issues or no issues, which is in the same table as the Thickness Issues and most of my other data. This eliminated my need to create all of these relationships and instead I am able to allow the user to choose whether to include or exclude data issues, and then filter in which data issues they want to see and this is all coming from the same table. I will say that part of the problem was that I had to create my own PK and FK to connect two of my tables. I did this by combining the "SampleNumber" and "ShiftDate" in SQL in order to create a view that contains unique values and connected them on that. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.