Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

V24
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering visuals on a daily/ monthly basis

I have 5 columns: Process Name, no of robots, avg time for robots, date, time(aggregated for 3 hours). I have a stacked column chart with time on x-axis like this: 2:00:00,5:00:00,8:00:00,11:00:00 etc up to 23:00:00. Y-axis have the avg time for robots. So essentially the y axis- averages the avg robot time for the same time irrespective of the day/week.

I want to create 2 more visuals where the avg robot time is based on day ie it takes the avg per day for all the timestamps & the other avg per month. It averages the avg robot time for the 2:00:00,5;00;00,8:00:00, 23:00:00(these time stamps are constant on x-axis) the y-axis is dependent on the day/month.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @V24 

Create a new column with the daily average of the bot's time for each timestamp

DailyAvg = AVERAGEX(
    FILTER('Table', 'Table'[Time] = EARLIER('Table'[Time]) && 'Table'[Date] = EARLIER('Table'[Date])),
    'Table'[avg time for robots]
)

Then create a new column with the monthly average of the bot's time for each timestamp

MonthlyAvg = AVERAGEX(
    FILTER('Table', 'Table'[Time] = EARLIER('Table'[Time]) && MONTH('Table'[Date]) = MONTH(EARLIER('Table'[Date]))),
    'Table'[avg time for robots]
)

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data)

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

samratpbi
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi, you already have the measure it seems. Simply use dates in x-axis instead of time to show day wise average. Similarly use month in x-axis for month wise average. 

Hi the timestamps have to be in the x-axis. Essentially I want to show what was the average handling time at 2:00:00 on a daily basis (ie taking the average of  robot handling time at 2:00:00 for  all days and for all the timestamps) similarly for months.

For the months 2:00:00, 5:00:00 etc will be on the x-acis the avg time is calculated as follows: average of the total time take by robots on a monthly basis for 2:00:00,5:00:00 etc

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.