Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Richard_Halsall
Helper III
Helper III

Filtering visual measure with another measure

Hi,

I have a table visual which returns contractor names based on a number of slicer selections and a card visual 'Total Technicians' which showed the measure TotTechs = COUNT(DimContractor[Id]) both matched fine until...

I then added an 'And/Or' measure against the slicer 'Name' which allows me to apply AND logic to multiple selections in the slicer instead of the usual OR behaviour

Against the table visual I then use the measure below with the value 'is 1'as a filter

Course_ANDOR_Check =
IF(
[Selected_counter] = 0,
IF(
DISTINCTCOUNT(DimCerts[Name]) = [Selected_counter],
[Selected_AndOr]
)
)

The table visual returns the correct number of records i.e. 5  but the card visual does not

How do I filter the card visual with the above measure

Dashboard is below

TechInfo.jpg

Any help would be appreciated
2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Richard_Halsall , measure is calculated run time. Means any grouping you need to compare need to forced

example, force calculation at status level

Course_ANDOR_Check = Sumx(values(DimCerts[status]),
IF(
[Selected_counter] = 0,
IF(
DISTINCTCOUNT(DimCerts[Name]) = [Selected_counter],
[Selected_AndOr]
)
))

@amitchandak Hi thanks for the speedy response I have tried your solution and what it actually gives me is the count of selected values in the slicer.

What I would like is the count of the records returned in the table visual which shows contractor IDs meeting the criteria for selected value 1 AND value 2 in the slicer 'Name'

In the screenshot shown I have selected 2 values in the slicer 'Name' which has correctly given me 5 records in the table e.g.  5 contractor id records

but the card visual shows 643 which is a count of the records for contractor id's relating to value 1 OR value 2 in the slicer 'Name'

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.