Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

skowronp
Frequent Visitor

Filtering row header and column header for matrix visual

Hi All,

I have a problem with context filtering. I have to calculate measure (direct query mode) for the matrix visual purposes. What I want to achieve is to dynamically compare row and column headers (from different dimensions) and if they are equal put 0. Any ideas ?

CALCULATE(something; FILTER(DimensionA[columnA];CONTAINS(DimensionA;DimensionA[columnA];DimensionB[columnB])=true());

As result I want to have something like this:
       A     B     C     D
A     0    1     1     1
B     1     0     1     1
C     1     1     0     1
D     1     1     1     0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@skowronp

This measure is sliced by both DimensionA[columnA] and DimensionB[columnB]. It will not detect if current slicing member has same name.

Is there relationship between DimensionA[columnA] and DimensionB[columnB]? If not, you must have a table with both colums cross join. 

24.PNG

Then create a measure like below: 

= IF(MAX('Table'[ColumnA])=MAX('Table'[ColumnB]),0,1)

66.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@skowronp

This measure is sliced by both DimensionA[columnA] and DimensionB[columnB]. It will not detect if current slicing member has same name.

Is there relationship between DimensionA[columnA] and DimensionB[columnB]? If not, you must have a table with both colums cross join. 

24.PNG

Then create a measure like below: 

= IF(MAX('Table'[ColumnA])=MAX('Table'[ColumnB]),0,1)

66.PNG

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.