Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dkel1394

Filtering and Displaying Row Data for Unrelated tables

I am trying display a subset of employees employed on the 1st of every month over the last several years based on Hire and Separation Date. I can perform a count, but I also need to display a filter subset of the employees if I select a particular month. 

Table 1 (Date Table)                    Table 2 (Employee Table)

01/01/2006                                  John Smith             Hired Date: 01/05/2004        Separation Date: 09/21/2018

01/02/2006                                  John Doe                Hired Date: 05/08/2008        Separation Date: null

01/03/2006                                  Jane Wright            Hired Date: 09/14/2008        Separation Date: 11/15/2020

....                                                  .......

....                                                  .......

07/01/2021                                   ......

I wanted to create a matrix like this that shows active employee counts over the years and then be able to click on a cell to display the associated employees.

Jan12142021
Feb10131821
March8141723

I want to be able to click on the matrix cell and for January 2002 and see a list of the 12 employees on working for the company on January 1st. The list of employees would change and filter depending on the cell context that was clicked. These two tables would not be related because you are having to write DAX to figure out which employees were still employed given the date and time table. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can get a correct count by using variables and a calculate formula but I cannot filter or display a list of employees based on the count and matrix context. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dkel1394 , Refer to my file below after signature. Drill from trend year table to drill through and check

Refer to blog for more information

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dkel1394 , Refer to my file below after signature. Drill from trend year table to drill through and check

Refer to blog for more information

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Thanks Amit. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.