Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shainis
Helper I
Helper I

Filter visual and keep the right percentage

Hello,

I would like to filter this visual so that the parts marked in Red will not show up (hide them).

shainis_0-1616411139615.png

However, if I filter the visual, I get 100% on both sides:

shainis_1-1616411190709.png

How can I filter the visual and keep the right data?

thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @shainis 

You can create a Measure and then use it to create visual.

%GT Count of yes =

VAR yes =

CALCULATE (

COUNT ( Sheet1[yes or no] ),

FILTER ( Sheet1, Sheet1[yes or no] = "yes" )

)

VAR total =

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( ALL ( Sheet1 ), NOT ( ISBLANK ( Sheet1[yes or no] ) ) )

)

RETURN

yes / total

The result looks like this:

v-cazheng-msft_0-1617086178328.png

For more details, you can refer the attached pbix file.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shainis 

If you just want to remove the parts marked in Red and keep other parts in this visual. You can try the following steps.

Right click on the parts you want to remove and select Exclude, then the result will look like this:

v-cazheng-msft_0-1616566363281.png

v-cazheng-msft_1-1616566363284.png

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, it still doesn't work 😞

This is what I want to do:

shainis_0-1617038115689.png

Is it possible?

Thanks!

Hi @shainis 

Can you share some sample data in English without sensitive data and show me the result you want?

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Hi, sure.

Please see the pbix file here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bvs3NuKhUuTvGC3OKMtu7CnzgsXpG0vh/view?usp=sharing

This is what i'd like to see (just show the "yes" data):

shainis_0-1617088425938.png

Thanks! 🙂

Hi @shainis 

You can create a Measure and then use it to create visual.

%GT Count of yes =

VAR yes =

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( Sheet1, Sheet1[yes or no] = "yes" )

)

VAR total =

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( ALL ( Sheet1 ), NOT ( ISBLANK ( Sheet1[yes or no] ) ) )

)

RETURN

yes / total

The result looks like this:

v-cazheng-msft_0-1617086178328.png

For more details, you can refer the attached pbix file.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

This is great. Thanks!!

Hello

when I select the exclusion operation the result disappears, but the percentage changes to 100%, instead of the previous value. I want the percentage value to stay as part of all the results. our data consists of several questions and each question has two results: yes or no. there is no need to show two results because the results are complemented.

Thank you

Hello

when I select the exclusion operation the result disappears, but the percentage changes to 100%, instead of the previous value. I want the percentage value to stay as part of all the results. our data consists of several questions and each question has two results: yes or no. there is no need to show two results because the results are complemented.

Thank you

Hello

Thank you

Hello

Thank you

hello

when I select the exclude feature the result disappears, but the percentage changes to 100%, instead of the value before. I want the value of the percentage to stay as a part of the whole results. our data is composed of several questions and each question has two results: yes or no. there is no need to show two results because the results complement themselves.

thank you

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hello @shainis ,

is that a measure in the column?

If yes can you post the formula or provide a file with the data? This would make it easier to see where the error is.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hi, thanks.

It's just a simple data of True/False in Text format:

shainis_0-1616414914455.png

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.