Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter data with dynamic segmentation

Hi, iw as trying to filter some data using dynamic segmentation and its not working.

I tried and realted the columns but i didnt achieved the wondered result.

Unfortunetly, i achieved using table.

Here some images:

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

As you guys can see, i can filter data with table, but with segmentation i dont.

am i missing something or anything?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-huizhn-msft, thanks a lot for you attention.

I manage a solution to affect the card.

What i did was so simple that i dont believe i didnt tought before. Once i already had the relationship between the tables, I created another column in my table where's i use in the slice with these data. So, i just put selected the data to display on card.

I didnt tried like you said, but in the future i'll try!

Thanks again for your time!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

In the third screenshot, you want to display 218 for Braskem rather than 8084, right? If it is, what measure did you use in the card visual? Please share the formula. And let the slicer affect card visual by interactions under modeling.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

Yes, That's exatcly what i want.

Let me explain how i did the measure:

First, i have a oracle database that i have all information about these sites, but i dont have a head count for the employees that i need. So, i have another source, but in Excel file with this data. In this Excel i made these formula to calculate the head count:

Calculate total of effective employees

Colaboradores efetivos total = SUM(DataBI2_RMensal[Nº de funcionários efetivos]

Calculate total of third-part employees

Colaboradores temporarios total = SUM(DataBI2_RMensal[Nº de funcionários temporarios])

And calculate the total of employees (effectives and third-part) for the sites.

HEAD TOTAL = CALCULATE(DataBI2_RMensal[Colabres efetiv-ios total] + DataBI2_RMensal[colabores temporarios total])

Then, i made a relationship between my site_id in my oracle database and my excel file (TB_PIRAMIDE = oracle dabatase and DataBI2_RMensal = excel file), like this:

PBI - relationship.jpg

And so i wondered that if i put in dynamic segmentation the sites, these would be filtered with the head total by site like the previous images.

So far, i dont understand how can i affect the card visual by interactions under modeling, could you give some example?

I tought that if i made a relationship between these tables all the data would be filtered.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Anonymous,

First, please see the following screenshot, the slicer will affect card and table visuals when you select the funnel button.

1.PNG
In your scenario, please comfirm the filter across as both.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-huizhn-msft, thanks a lot for you attention.

I manage a solution to affect the card.

What i did was so simple that i dont believe i didnt tought before. Once i already had the relationship between the tables, I created another column in my table where's i use in the slice with these data. So, i just put selected the data to display on card.

I didnt tried like you said, but in the future i'll try!

Thanks again for your time!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.