Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter cascading issue

Hi All,

I am using power bi with SAP BW datasource direct connection. When I am applying filter on slicer it filters chart and table data but not the other slicer data. EX: we  have 2 slicer one is showing country and other is there restecpting cities  and I choose India on first slicer and then want that second slicer should update all it's city automatically but it's not happening.

Anyone please help me to cascading the two slicers.

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Are these two fields in different tables? What is the relationship between the two tables?

Please check whether the filtering relationship between tables is correct and check that the "edit interaction" between the two slicers is turned off.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @V-lianl-msft ,

I am using direct connection from SAP BW so I am not able to add more than one query, but in power BI each dimention in coming as seperate table by default and as this is direct query all the table maping options is disabled by default.

In slicer I am not able to find and intrection option please help on this

Regards,

Ankita

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can refer to this document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions 

If the problem persists,you can consider creating a similar measure and applying it to the visual level filter of the "restecpting cities slicer".

Measure = IF(HASONEVALUE(DimGeography[CountryRegionCode])&&MAX(DimSalesTerritory[SalesTerritoryCountry])=SELECTEDVALUE(DimGeography[CountryRegionCode]),1)

test_visual_level_filter2.PNG

You can also ask for help from SAP data source manager to understand the structure of the table.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @V-lianl-msft ,

These document are good but not resolving my issue. I put country and cities example just to make understand the issue.

I have to apply filter on Approved month, CR status, CR type, Region, and team member. 

Is it possible to have a screen sharing session?

Regards,

Ankita

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.