Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter based on Date and value

Hi,

I try to filter a column based on its value and date range.

Case description:

A sales person is already in database, but from this month we want to have her in the report. Basically we want to filter out the historical data related to her. How could I do this?

There is a relation between Sales table and Date table on Date.

Thanks,

vestas_0-1651146263561.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  Hi and thanks for the reply on my question. The relationship is abctive! What I need is a formula/measure I can use to filter on a particular Sales person from this month and after! 

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you want the data to be included in your visual for that particular perosn, you need to refresh your report.

If you are looking for a way to visualise the data for that particular person, create a measure like the below:

SalesbyMark = Calculate([TotalSales],FILTER(YourTable,YourTable[SalesPersonName] = "Mark"))
<I have taken Mark as an example>
and use this measure to visualise on a month on month bases:
PC2790_0-1651214047288.png

You can also use a Slicer with name of the Sales Person and use that to view the data if that particular person.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @PC2790  and thanks,

But my question is if to filter this person by date as well?

Let's say I need to have Mark in total sales from september and NOT before september.

Thanks

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if sales and date table are joined with each other and have active join then it should filter using that active join when you filter date table. for inactive join, you have to use userelationship

https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in-power-bi

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.