Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter/Slicer Requirement

hi Team,

I have created a Powerbi visual like below:

Link 

When i click the date, the visual will appear and when no date is selected, it will show a message to select a date. It will be like below:

Link 

And in the visual i have few more filters like Band and Type.

My requirement is: when only the date is selected the visual should show.

But when the combination of Band&Date // Type&Date // Band&Type&Date, the visual should not show.  Below the case that should not happen.

Link 

Attaching the powerbi report here: PBIX 

Kindly help me!! @Ashish_Mathur @v-lid-msft 

1 REPLY 1
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

what should happen if not date is selected, but there is one value for, say, Band?

here are measures which will show the visual and message when only of your slicers is active:

Filter = SWITCH(true();
    ISFILTERED('Table'[Date]) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Band])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Type])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Name]));"#fffffff";
    ISFILTERED('Table'[Band]) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Date])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Type])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Name]));"#fffffff";
    ISFILTERED('Table'[Type]) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Date])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Band])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Name]));"#fffffff";
    ISFILTERED('Table'[Name]) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Date])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Band])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Type]));"#fffffff";
    "White")
Message = SWITCH(true();
    ISFILTERED('Table'[Date]) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Band])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Type])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Name]));"";
    ISFILTERED('Table'[Band]) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Date])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Type])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Name]));"";
    ISFILTERED('Table'[Type]) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Date])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Band])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Name]));"";
    ISFILTERED('Table'[Name]) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Date])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Band])) && NOT(ISFILTERED('Table'[Type]));"";
    "Please select the Date to view the Pictorial Representation")

cheers,
Sturla

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.