Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filled Cell Count Help Required

Hi there.

I am new to PowerBi and stuck on a DAX formula.

Basically in my table,  I have 3 columns that refer to 3 different answers from an individual in a survey. I want to create a 4th column to tell me how many of the other 3 columns they put in an answer for i.e. if they answer 2 out of the 3 questions, the 4th column will give me a 2 and so on.  This is based on one individual row. See example below with the column in bold is what I need.

NameStartEnd3monthResponseRate
Joe1453
Mary40 2

I have got it to work using :

M1Responses3month = INT(Table1[ M1Reg]<>BLANK())+INT(Table1[ M1End]<>BLANK())+INT(Table1[ M13Month]<>BLANK()), however it doesnt count the 0 as a filled cell so the second row on the example table above with 0 as one of the reponses. it returned 1 when it should be 2 as it is still a filled cell. How do I get around this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , a new column in dax

if(isblank([column1]),0,1) + if(isblank([column2]),0,1)+if(isblank([column3]),0,1)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , a new column in dax

if(isblank([column1]),0,1) + if(isblank([column2]),0,1)+if(isblank([column3]),0,1)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you sooooo much!!!:D

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.