Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

reshmagokhale

Filer as a Measures

Can someone help me on below query.

If i want to make existing measure (in the existing table) say Net Sales and Sale Qty as a Filter . What are the steps

4 REPLIES 4
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @reshmagokhale ,

Thanks for the reply from @MattAllington , please allow me to provide another insight: 

If you want to use the value of measure as a slicer, you first need to create a calculation table based on the results of measure, then use the data in the calculation table as the value of the slicer, and finally create measure to filter the original table. For more specific steps, please refer to this solution:  Solved: How to use a measure as slicer? - Microsoft Fabric Community.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If it's in a table, you can open the filter pane on the right and apply a filter there. The measure should be there. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hey thanks for prompt response, however i need to have this filter on the Canvas like how we select dates same like i want to fiter Net Sales and Sales QTY on canvas and accordingly chart will change

Hey thanks for prompt response, however i need to have this filter on the Canvas like how we select dates same like i want to fiter Net Sales and Sales QTY on canvas and accordingly chart will change

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.