Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PremK
Helper I
Helper I

Facing Datasource Credential Missing error while trying to connect Gateway

Hello Community, because of the requirement in my office which is creating a combined single report from the the already published 3 reports in service, So I downloaded one report's Dataset in offline ( connected this report's Dataset in Import Mode ) and openned this report in Desktop then using GetData connected other two reporst Dataset's directly from the Service as Dierct query mode, ( while connecting all there Dataset's the TBABLES having SAME NAME in Direct query Dataset's automatically renamed to Datetable 2, Fact table 2,Fact table 3 like wise ) Then connected these 3 Dataset's in Modelling using Date columns in 3 Dataset's, by connecting like this i got all the measures and columns from the already created report's. i created the new report and published that in service, But now I'm unable to connect that two direct query dataset's with Datasource, if I try to connect it with Gate way I'm encountering DataSource  Credentials Missing error  and so that i'm unable to refresh the Dataset's which is connected using Directquery ( but the credentials are correct ). I think this issue may be happen due to Tables NAME CHANGE occured while connecting.  Please let me know what is the issue if you find, and  suggest me a solution for this @ mgprem0001@gmail.com

4 REPLIES 4
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jonvoge ,thanks for the quick reply.

Hi @PremK ,

Regarding your question, there are two types of data connections: data gateway connections and direct cloud connections. It is as if you are using two data connections at the same time. Are the datasets for the three reports you are connecting to based on data in the cloud or stored locally?
No need for a data gateway if it is based on a cloud data source. For detailed steps you can refer to the following article:

Connect to cloud data sources in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Create and share cloud data sources in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If based on a local data source you need to configure the relevant data source definition for the gateway. For detailed steps you can refer to the following article:

Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Wenbin Zhou
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PremK
Helper I
Helper I

Can anyone give solution for this please.

Jonvoge
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi PremK

Is it an option for you to connect to ALL three of the existing reports via Live Connection to their respective models? Then I would assume you to have no refresh or credential issues in the new report, as the refresh would just take place in the original report datasets.

Hi Jonvoge
I have connected two reports Dataset's  in Direct mode and one report Dataset in Import mode, and while publishing the new report this warning is shown , also I'm unable to refresh this new Dataset

PremK_0-1710852282076.png

PremK_1-1710852420218.png

PremK_2-1710852645140.png

PremK_3-1710852650871.png

Thanks for your effort and Please consider this and give solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.