Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

saud968
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Export data in csv is missing data

The count is supposed to be 25041, however, when I exported the data it shows only 2150 count rows.

saud968_0-1715163499753.png

I have created a bridge table to avoid many to many relationship issues, however, i am facing the issue mentioned above help advice.

saud968_1-1715163607671.png

saud968_2-1715163619620.png

@Ritaf1983 @lbendlin @Ashish_Mathur @Greg_Deckler @amitchandak @Idrissshatila @Ahmedx @Daniel29195 

5 REPLIES 5
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saud968 ,

Thanks for the reply from AnushaSri .

The problem may be related to how you aggregate or filter the data before exporting, because you mentioned that your data is 25,041 rows, but the maximum number of rows that Power BI Desktop can export to a CSV file is 30,000 rows.

This can be checked in the following ways:

1. Whether Slicer or Filter is applied.

1. Consider exporting the data to Excel first and then save the Excel file as CSV.

For more information on Power BI Desktop export to CSV file see:

Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

So I have tried to export it via Power BI service and Desktop both but the output remains the same. The only filter is the slicer with year and month. It seems when exporting it only gives the count from the Merge1 table and not support__cw_ops_manage_case_merge. Whereas I am expecting all the counts from support__cw_ops_manage_case_merge. So in my table visual I have added 4 columns from the Merge1 table rest of the columns are from support__cw_ops_manage_case_merge. 

Hope this gives more clarity to help me out...Thank you for all the support 🙂

Hi @saud968 ,

Can you try to export using DAX Studio? This method can even export the whole model at once.

For more details please see:

Exporting all data from a Power BI data model – XXL BI

Do not apply any Filter or Slicer while exporting.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

AnushaSri
Advocate II
Advocate II

I can see in your data image - it is showing some duplicate rows, so probably it might have eliminated duplicate rows.

saud968
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I do agree but they should not be removed, also even if it is removed they should not be 2150. what I found that it is only export data from the one of the table Merge1 and not overall

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.