Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Error en Power Bi

Good day team, I have a problem with power BI, My file does not update me in automatic and throws me the following error.

Could I support how I could solve it or what is the error?

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: VIEW_GLOBAL_HISTORICAL_INVENTORY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

This error means that the query took too long to execute and the gateway connection was closed before it finished.

There are some possible solutions that you can try to fix this error:

• Increase the CommandTimeout and the ConnectionTimeout parameters in your Power Query settings. These parameters control how long the query can run before it is terminated. The default value for CommandTimeout is 10 minutes and the default value for ConnectionTimeout is driver-dependent1. You can increase them to a longer duration, such as 2 hours, to allow more time for the query to complete. You can find the steps to modify these parameters in this document.
  • Reduce the size of your data or use incremental refresh. If your data is too large or complex, it may take longer to load and process. You can try to filter out unnecessary columns or rows, or use incremental refresh to only load the data that has changed since the last refresh. This can help improve the performance and reduce the load on the gateway. You can learn more about incremental refresh in this article.
  • Check your network connectivity and firewall settings. Sometimes, the timeout error may be caused by network issues or firewall blocking the gateway connection. You can try to test your network speed and stability, and make sure that your firewall allows the gateway to communicate with the data source and the Power BI service. 
  • Or you can try to update the gateway to latest version and restart the gateway, sometimes restart the gateway could solve the problem.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

Has your problem beed solved? If so, please kindly accept the helpful reply as solution, then we'll close the thread, other people who has the similar problem will benefit from here. Thank you!

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

This error means that the query took too long to execute and the gateway connection was closed before it finished.

There are some possible solutions that you can try to fix this error:

• Increase the CommandTimeout and the ConnectionTimeout parameters in your Power Query settings. These parameters control how long the query can run before it is terminated. The default value for CommandTimeout is 10 minutes and the default value for ConnectionTimeout is driver-dependent1. You can increase them to a longer duration, such as 2 hours, to allow more time for the query to complete. You can find the steps to modify these parameters in this document.
  • Reduce the size of your data or use incremental refresh. If your data is too large or complex, it may take longer to load and process. You can try to filter out unnecessary columns or rows, or use incremental refresh to only load the data that has changed since the last refresh. This can help improve the performance and reduce the load on the gateway. You can learn more about incremental refresh in this article.
  • Check your network connectivity and firewall settings. Sometimes, the timeout error may be caused by network issues or firewall blocking the gateway connection. You can try to test your network speed and stability, and make sure that your firewall allows the gateway to communicate with the data source and the Power BI service. 
  • Or you can try to update the gateway to latest version and restart the gateway, sometimes restart the gateway could solve the problem.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

A question how can I increase the timeout setting?

foodd
Super User
Super User

A quick look at your question, and according to your description the Gateway is timing out.   This means that the query passed to the data source is taking longer than allowed.  A couple of quick suggestions would be to Increase the timeout setting, log files, and resource usage.   If you are not the Gateway Admin or DBA behind the source, I suggest touching base with them to troubleshoot the error condition.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.