Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kewaynes333
Helper I
Helper I

Error When Creating Report from LH model

Hi,

I have a lakehouse that I am trying to create a report from. But when I try to create the report in the service, I get this error:

kewaynes333_0-1715462996081.png

Additionally, if I use the desktop and try and connect through the OneLake data hub, I don't get an error. It says that I am 'Connected live to the Power BI semantic model: Silver_Housing_Data in Zillow Housing' but there is no data. The model view is blank.

The LH has 5 tables in it...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kewaynes333
Helper I
Helper I

I created a new semantic model that uses Direct Lake. I am able to connect to it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kewaynes333
Helper I
Helper I

I created a new semantic model that uses Direct Lake. I am able to connect to it.

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kewaynes333 ,

Based on the information you provided, when opening an empty semantic model and trying to create a report, it fails and displays the error in your screenshot.

When the model view is empty, this indicates that there may be an issue with how the model is accessed or the relationships in the model. You can follow the steps below to troubleshoot the error:

1. Ensure that the table in Lakehouse has loaded data rows. If the underlying data table is empty, the model view may appear blank.
  2. In the Model view, verify that the tables are related and configured correctly. See the following documentation for more information:
    Model view in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
  3. If the model is a composite model, ensure that the model is set up correctly. For more information, see here:
    Composite model guidance in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I can confirm that the tables in my lakehouse have data.

kewaynes333_0-1715735172698.png

But when my report says it's connected to it, there's no tables showing up.

kewaynes333_1-1715735244745.png

And therefore there is nothing in the model view.

Using the SQL Endpoint to the same lakehouse allows me to import the tables...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.