Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vitexo87
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Error Star schema

I have several fact and dimension tables and need to load all in my application , however I am in trouble at the time of loading , and when you create the relationship between dimessões and facts , the only log that is displayed is " an unexpected error " already tried in various ways however without success, can work normally with these tables in QlikView but in no time I got the power bi , is there any limitation on the power bi regarding the amount of facts and dimensions to be used ?

3 REPLIES 3
Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

There shouldn't be alimitation on Rows.  Have you tried concatenating the fact tables into one table, then linking you Dimensions to that one table?  QV and PowerBI are not the same, even though they both claim to be in-memory.

as I concatenate the tables in power bi?

You can concatenat them in the PowerBI script.  The other excercise I would go through is to eliminate unused fields.  I have run into this a couple of times and this is what I did.

1.  load 1 table at a time, start with all the dimension tables.  You should be able to load some, if not all of them, without any errors.  Once you get the error, the last table you loaded is the one with the issue.  Once you find that table, start by loading just a few columns at a time, until you find the columns that are causeing the error.  This is tedious process, but it really helps figure out which table(s) are at issue.

2.  Reduce your data by eliminating unwanted columns and rows.  While PowerBI may not have any ristrictions, your machine running the scripts do, they only have so much CPU and memory.  That could also be what is causing the issue.

I assume you are using the Desktop verion.  So something else to try would be to build the same app at App.Powerbi.com.  See if that makes a difference.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.