Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enable schedule refresh from Azure Blob storage that can only be accessed thru specific IP address?

Hi, I'd like to perform schedule refresh on my report that takes data from a container which the Blob Storange can only be access by registered IP address. I failed to refresh as I believe it has something to do with the firewall of the Blob storage. This is the error :

Annotation 2020-07-17 155130.png

Attempted to "Edit credentials" by adding Access Key using "Organization" as Privacy Level :

Failed to update data source credentials: The credentials provided cannot be used for the AzureBlobs source.

Please help. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
PBI_KLo
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry to revive an old thread but figured I'd share my solution. 

I mapped a new data source (the blob) to my on prem gateway and it worked. The Data Source within the Gateway will accept it. It doesn't accept the credentials (account key) from "Data Source Credentials" and will spit out an error, even though it's the right key. My blob is limited to my on-prem IPs. It will look like this:

Screenshot 2022-01-25 111229.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems like connecting thru powerBI desktop and none of them are showing scheduled refresh. 

Thanks.

hi  @Anonymous 

After you create a report in power bi desktop and then publish to power bi service, then you will see scheduled refresh in dataset setting.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.