Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CathalSheehan
Frequent Visitor

Edit the plot area to increase the size of the graph

HI,

I have a graph shown in Capture 1 attached that is taking up around 60% of my report page but as you can see the the elements of the graph and only taking up approximately 33% of the graph size with big spaces to the left and right - presumably for if I decide to add additioanl x-axis fields.

I've tried to reduce the size but as you can see in Capture 2 the whole plot area reduces in size which doesn't help me.

Is there a way to just show what is displayed on the graph and reduce the "white/blank" areas so I fit the graph to 25% of my page?

Thanks,

CathalCapture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CathalSheehan , There is an idea already for this , vote for that

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/14127648-all-visuals-have-unusabl...

Based on the visual there is some space left out.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @CathalSheehan ,

there is a simple answer, no this is not possible.

For this reason, I use the stacked column chart visual instead of the clustered column chart.

Here is a screenshot:

image.png

In  the stacked column chart the year is used as axis, instead of legend.

Another very important option (at least most of the time), is the formatting of the x-axis. Make sure that you choose the type accordingly, either continuous or categorical.

Hopefully, this provides some ideas on how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi @TomMartens 

Thanks for such a detailed reply. Crystal clear.

I actually tried to use a stacked chart but the issue with the way my data is structured is all the years all "measures" so they are on values I only have the one element  "Manufacturing Costs"  on the x-axis. Therefore all the years are shown together. (see attached)Capture.JPG

I am goosed? I've looked to try and drag the measures onto the x-axis but I'm not allowed.

Do I need to resturcture my data so I can show the years on the x-axis (don't really think I can do this as this is jsut one element of my reporting) or does someone out there have a very clever solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.