Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Galoyol84
Helper I
Helper I

Edit the line and legend on a line cluster column chart

Hello Community I need your help with this:

I want to use a line cluster column chart to represent  the results of an indicator for five countries and the world. The bars would show the level for every country and the line would show the indicator for the world.

I have the following and would like to edit 3 things (highlighted in red)

example.png

1.- Is it possible to edit the legend to remove the light blue for Results # and just leave the dark blue for World Adolescent Fertility rate?

2.- Is it possible to remove the data legend for World Adolescent Fertility rate, it is shown 5 times and I only need it once?

3.- Is it popsible to extend the line as shown by the red arrow?

Any help is appreciated, 

Tanks

PS I include a pbix file as an example  of what I have

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ljbnt41grgm32wyHgE-70LWDi6eq7UO0/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Galoyol84 

For your requirement, 1 and 3 could not be achieved in power bi for now.

for 2, you could adjust the measure [World Adolescent Fertility Rate] as below:

World Adolescent Fertility Rate = IF( RANKX(ALLSELECTED(FactCountryIndicator[Country]),CALCULATE(SUM(FactCountryIndicator[Result (#)])))=1,43)

Result:

1.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @Galoyol84

For your need, 1 and 3 could not be achieved in power bi for now.

for 2, you could adjust the [World Adolescent Fertility Rate] measure as shown below:

World Adolescent Fertility Rate = IF( RANKX(ALLSELECTED(FactCountryIndicator[Country]),CALCULATE(SUM(FactCountryIndicator[Result (#)])))=1,43)

Result:

1.JPG

Best regards

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Galoyol84 

For your requirement, 1 and 3 could not be achieved in power bi for now.

for 2, you could adjust the measure [World Adolescent Fertility Rate] as below:

Result:

1.JPG

Regards,

Lin

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I don't think you can do 1 and 3, but for #2, you could not show data labels for the line (Data Labels area/Customize Series) and (if the values are always the same) add a card visual next to the visual also with that measure.  To get all you want, you may need try other visuals from AppSource or even build you own visual with Charticulator.

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.