Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically updated tasks

Hey there

This might be a very simple thing to do (or not), but i'm very new at using Power BI so bear with me.
I am trying to create a "to do list" which has to dynamically update at specificed times.

I have tasks that needs to be processed every 14 days, a certain date in a month and yearly..
Is it possible to have "Task A" appear every 14 days, which I can then mark as done and it won't appear until 14 days later? 

The data itself is pretty static and only changes every now and then.

So it's gonna work kinda like a to do list in a way, so I can quickly see a list with stuff that has to be resolved and when.

Is this doable with PowerBI and how would I go about it?
Thanks a bunch!!

4 REPLIES 4
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

Please have a try.

Insert an index column.

Select Home>>Transform data>>Add column>>index column>>from 1.

11.PNG

Create a column.

date_141 = var day_14='Table'[Index.1]/14
var fen=CEILING(day_14,1)
return fen

Then create a measure.

Mea = var days=CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[date ]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[date_141]=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[date_141])))
var mark = IF(days=14,"Done",0)
return mark

22.PNG

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide some sample data and desired output.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have some questions. When does Task A appear and what conditions must be met?  It automatically appears  every 14 days?  Please provide some sample data and desired output.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, thanks for your reply!

We have List A, List B, List C and so on.

All of the lists are a set of tasks that has to be completed at designated times.
So ideally I'd like a dashboard with a table, where the tasks will pop up and then maybe the functionality to mark it as done, which then removes it until it's relevant again (If thats doable?)

Example
List A - Set of tasks that needs to be solved every 14 days

List B - Set of tasks that needs to be solved every week

List C - Set of tasks that needs to be solved a certain date, every month

The lists sometimes update, so it needs to be somewhat easy to edit and remove tasks.

I hope that's enough info? Otherwise please let me know!!
Thanks a bunch.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , start with a date you want as first date

new table =
var _cal = calendar(date(2019,01,01), today())
return
filter(addcolumns(_cal, "_filter", mod(datediff(minx(_tab, [Date]),[Date], date),14)),[_filter]=0)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.