Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically create duplicate pages in a report depending on the dataset selected in a slicer

Hi all,

i have recently started using Power bi and love how interactive and smart this tool is. My project requirements are now getting complex. I am looking to find a way to generate duplicate pages in a report based on selected values from the slicer. I have a multiple page report. The first page enables the users to select few values from the slicers. The rest of the pages in the report, produce the current selected values. However for one of the page, i need to generate duplicate pages for the subset of data selected in the slicer.

How can i achieve this? Any ideas will be highly apprecaited.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you could provide more details with snapshot, it will be easier to address
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Abhie,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here is the screenshot of the framework of my test report structure:testdata.PNG

I have given users the ability to select a Department from dropdown and then category and Date. Suppose a user selected Department - Test, Category - Cat2 and a randomdate. This returns - 2 cases - test1 and test3 (The Cases table displayed (only for your reference). My requirement is that the first 5 pages in teh report i.e. from Sales to Products display the current values selected in the slicers - which is achieved. however for the Approvals page, i would like it to generate additional pages - 1 for each Case returned from the selection made by the user. Hope this makes sense.

Can this be achieved? Looking forward to suggestions. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

" i would like it to generate additional pages - 1 for each Case returned from the selection made by the user. Hope this makes sense."

You need to create measures to return the cases by DAX.
So please give us a sample data model and it is best to use a table to show the results you want to return.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lionel,

Thanks, let me give you the context behind this requirement. On approvals, I have got a table of Products which is massive and and needs scrolling to view the details. Now we need to export these details into pdf. How can i get that? PDF doesnt give all the products.

Do you have any suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.