Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

helpingyou
Regular Visitor

Dynamic text filtering query

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently working with text wrapper feature for showing the comments from a sharepoint list. The think is that if the dashboard is filtered (by departaments), the commentary retrieves as expected (based on the relation between the filters and the sharepoint list), but if not, a "query returned more than a row" message shows up.

So, when the dashboard is not filtered, I need that in the text wrapper an specific message shows up. This message is chosen by the area filter (so, we have two filters - area and department, the area includes a lot of departments-). For this, I wrote down a meassure which says: 

Filtered commentary = IF(ISFILTERED('Master Data Table'[Departments], VALUES ('Sharepoint list'[Comments]), "Commentary for area"). 

In the part of "Commentary for area" there should be the script for retrieving the general commentary that is under the Area name in the sharepoint list. 

Do you have any idea of how can I complement the "filtered commentary" measure that I have, or if you recommend another approach? 

Notes: the sharepoint list is divided by three columns: area, department and comment; in case of the different department names, the area is the same for all; and in case of the area (which I'm interested in retrieving when none filtered is applied) in the department column, the name of the area is there. 

It means that, for example: in the department columen I have: HR, Data and Operations; and they belong to the Sustainability area. And where I have the general comment for the hole Sustainability area, the department is called Sustainability, just as the area. 

Please let me know if I have to be more specific regarding the doubt that I have 🙂 

Many thanks in advance!!

1 REPLY 1
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @helpingyou 

Your needs are not very clear, could you provide some screenshots or samples ? It will help us better to deal with the problem .

I searched a sample may help you ,you can refer to the link :

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-filtering-slicing-if-text-contains/m-p/425504

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.