Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

fedorez
Regular Visitor

Dynamic histogram?

Hello!

Could you help me, please.

I have a table with field adr_id and two dates -  date_start and date_end.

I want to show slicer to set the range of dates , and show a histogram with two bins - count records in range of dates, and count records NOT in range of dates...

it very simply with static data, we should just create calculated fields....

But I absolutely lost how to do it in dynamic... 

Okay, I may create a table filled with dates (CALENDAR), make a slicer with this table, but - what next?

Calculated fields are not calculated dynamically as I see...

Measure? I think solution is very simple but can't find it )

Any ideas, friends?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@fedorez,

Create the following measures in your table. Please note that there is no relationship between your table and calendar table.

mindate = MIN('Date'[DateKey])

Maxdate = MAX('Date'[DateKey])

countinrange = CALCULATE(COUNTA(Table[adr_id]),FILTER(Table,Table[date_start]>=[mindate]&&Table[date_end]<=[Maxdate]))

countnotinrange = CALCULATE(COUNTA(Table[adr_id]),FILTER(Table,Table[date_start]<=[mindate]||Table[date_end]>=[Maxdate]))

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@fedorez

You can create one chart to display the measures, see the example below.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@fedorez,

Create the following measures in your table. Please note that there is no relationship between your table and calendar table.

mindate = MIN('Date'[DateKey])

Maxdate = MAX('Date'[DateKey])

countinrange = CALCULATE(COUNTA(Table[adr_id]),FILTER(Table,Table[date_start]>=[mindate]&&Table[date_end]<=[Maxdate]))

countnotinrange = CALCULATE(COUNTA(Table[adr_id]),FILTER(Table,Table[date_start]<=[mindate]||Table[date_end]>=[Maxdate]))

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Thank you for your answer, @v-yuezhe-msft

In your example, countinrange and countnotinrange  - two charts... Is where the way to see this bins in one chart? The reason is scale. When we are using Auto scale mode for Y-axis, we have different scales for out two charts. Course, we can set min and max for Y-axis manually in design mode, but we don't know the limits for Y in real life.... it's a problem 

Regards,

Denis

@fedorez

You can create one chart to display the measures, see the example below.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Thanks a lot!

And one last impotent question.

May I do the same in case of Calculated table , when my Table based on some more tables?

Like this:

Table = GROUPBY(Table2;[name];"days_average";AVERAGEX(CURRENTGROUP();[period]))

@fedorez,

Yes, you can.

Regards,
Lydia

Thank you, Lydia.

@fedorez,

If you solve your issue, please accept my replies as answer, that way, other community members could easily find the answer when they get same issues.

Regards,

Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.