Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

acndeveloper

Dynamic data sources aren't refreshed in the Power BI service, this dataset won't be refreshed.

Hi Experts,
Am new to PowerBi Tool and have been working & learning and recently I had encounterd a serious issue.

Work Description:

I have been working on creating a IPL Live Dashboard in Power Bi for which am using a Cricket API and the Power Query Code is below:

acndeveloper_0-1714720258270.png

Issue:
I ma not able to perform refresh on the PowerBi Service (Web) side and getting below error:

acndeveloper_1-1714720317759.png

acndeveloper_2-1714720526387.png

Workaround done so far:

Knowing the fact that my API URL in the query editor code is dynamic and for that I have used "RelativePath" in the Web.Contents() but still am getting the same error and don't know why am still not able to perform the refresh.

i have already reviewed the relatable doucmentations and articles regarding this but still not able to find the fix which could fit in my requirement.
PLEASE HELP ME TO FIX THIS ISSUE (Let me know if I can provide more details if required)

1 REPLY 1
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acndeveloper ,

I think you need to ensure that the credentials for the data source are correctly set up in the Power BI service. Dynamic data sources, especially APIs, may require specific authentication methods. You can check and update your data source credentials in the dataset settings within the Power BI service. You can also look at this document: Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Power BI attempts to optimize data refresh operations by "folding" the steps of your Power Query transformations back to the data source. However, not all operations can be folded, and this can sometimes cause issues with dynamic data sources.

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.