Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

venug
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic X-Axis not sorting order in Stacked Column Chart

Hi Everyone,

i am tring to showcase my sales by price bucket wise. the X-Axis is dynamic. when i made dynamic X-Axis, i am unable to set sorting order in X-Axis.

Can any one help on this. thanks in advance, see my file in this link.

Regards

Venu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @venug,

To get what you want try to drag and drop "Price-Tier-Sort" into Value not Axis. You should have the ability to sort by "Price-Tier-Sort" from the three dots on the top right corner of the chart, and you will need to change the title of the Y-Axis to just "Sales". Please check the link where I updated your report here

Please give kudos and mark as solution

Thank you!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
elaine_shy
Regular Visitor

Hi, I am facing similar issues, I have created a dynamic x axis for my histogram, and the axis range changes according to the paremeter i set in powerquery. In this case, how can i make sure to sort my bar charts so it the axis is in a linear order(i.e. 0 to 10, 10 to 20, 20-30[note: my axis changes according to my parameter and also my histogram is different for every factory i filtered])

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi venug,

In your sacenario, I saw you have sorted the chart by Price-Tie. I am not clear abut your requirement, what did you want to sort by? which dynamic chart did you want to get, could you please inform me in details?

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot for reply,

when i provide "price-tier-sort" column in x-axis it is showing sort order. when removing it is not showing sort order.

in this scenario, it should not show "price-tier-sort" in x-aixs, that improper visual. 

this is the complexity i am facing. 

Please any body help on this. thanks in advance.

Regards

Venu

Hi @venug,

To get what you want try to drag and drop "Price-Tier-Sort" into Value not Axis. You should have the ability to sort by "Price-Tier-Sort" from the three dots on the top right corner of the chart, and you will need to change the title of the Y-Axis to just "Sales". Please check the link where I updated your report here

Please give kudos and mark as solution

Thank you!

@saraMissBI i found one more issue here, when i provide legend to this visual, the sorting order is not coming. 

can you please help on this. Thanks in advance.

regards

Venu

Hi @venug 

You are welcome! What data fields are you putting in Legends? I need to recreate the issue in my file to help you with the solution.

Thank you

Hi @saraMissBI 

As per above message, i have attached sample pbix file in this link

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards

Venu

Hi @venug 

Your link does not open for me (it throws "This site can't be reached". Could you please check it and provide another one?

Thank you

Hi everyone,

Anybody help on this, not getting solution to the complexity of the issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Venu.

Once you have created your new sort field for your x-axis value and updated the x-axis to sort on this field, try updating the bar chart itself. Go to the 3 dots on top of your bar chart and go to 'Sort By' and ensure that your x-axis value is the field that is selected. This will ensure that your x-axis is sorting on this x-axis field.

This solved the issue for me. Seems crazy x-axis would not be default sort by the x-axis field, but for me this was my issue.

Hi @saraMissBI,

i am sorry for inconvenience, i am providing updated pbix file in this link

Regards

Venu

@saraMissBI   Thanks a lot, i really happy to this solution. i have spent lot of time on this. once again thanks a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.