Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dsl98

Dynamic Weekly Run Rate Measure based on 2 slicers (Quarter and Month), and different criteria

Hi, I have searched online for a while but no avail. Assuming I have 2 slicers (slicer 1 has Q1 Q2 Q3 and Q4, and slicer 2 has Months - January, February...) from file 1, that has one to many relationship linked to my source sales file (file 2). How do I make a dynamic measure formula so that everytime I select the slicer it will auto calculate cumulatively, with below criterias:

January4
February4
March5
April4
May4
Jun5
Jul4
Aug4
Sep5
Oct4
Nov4
Dec5
Q113
Q226
Q339
Q452
H126
H252
Jan YTD4
Feb YTD8
Mar YTD13
Apr YTD17
May YTD21
Jun YTD26
Jul YTD30
Aug YTD34
Sep YTD39
Oct YTD43
Nov YTD47
Dec YTD (default)52

basically the expected formula is
WRR = Divide (numerator is filter the sales list, denominator is selected period AND OR quarter as per above)

eg. if I have a line of sales made in April at 1000, i would expect the formula to auto calculate when I selected respective slicer:
select April in Period - 1000 divide by 4

select Q2 in Quarter (ie. same as selecting April, May and June in Period) - 1000 divide by 13

select Q1 and Q2 in Quarter - 1000 divide by 26

select April, May in Period - 1000 divide by 8

and so on

I have tried different variations of formula but can only get either one of the results, I have linked the many to one relationships properly. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dsl98,

It sounds like you want to use slicer to apply selector effect instead of filter effects.

For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you create a disconnected table as source of slicer, then you can add variables in the Dax expression to calculate the current total volumes and selected range volumes.

SELECTEDVALUE function - DAX | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dsl98,

It sounds like you want to use slicer to apply selector effect instead of filter effects.

For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you create a disconnected table as source of slicer, then you can add variables in the Dax expression to calculate the current total volumes and selected range volumes.

SELECTEDVALUE function - DAX | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.