cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markjohnson952
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic URL filter based on value from Salesforce?

Hello,

I am having a heck of a time trying to embed Power BI into Salesforce.  I got it to work with the Salesforce desktop application and it filters to the account being viewed in Salesforce but this does not work on the Salesforce mobile app.

I am now trying to implement a formula field in Salesforce which is a link to view the Power BI report in the Power BI app.  I have got the link to redirect to the report in Power BI but it is not filtering to the account that the user was viewing in Salesforce.

I asked Salesforce for help but they basically said "buy Tableau."  My edited URL is below.  POS_CUSTOMER_DIMENSION_V/SALESFORCE_ID is my dimension and field in Power BI.  Record.ID is the account ID in Salesforce.

markjohnson952_0-1619813502244.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
markjohnson952
Helper I
Helper I

I was able to figure this out.  Here is an example from my Hyperlink

?filter=POS_CUSTOMER_DIMENSION_V/PARTY_ID eq '" & Unique_Account_ID__c & "'"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
markjohnson952
Helper I
Helper I

I was able to figure this out.  Here is an example from my Hyperlink

?filter=POS_CUSTOMER_DIMENSION_V/PARTY_ID eq '" & Unique_Account_ID__c & "'"

View solution in original post

amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@markjohnson952, Not very clear to me. Refer this doc can help you

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

I did reference that article and I am unsure how to make the filter "dynamic." To hopefully provide a better understanding of my problem, I have attached a few more screenshots.

The first picture is what the embedded Power BI report looks like in Salesforce Desktop. That report filters to the account being viewed and it works properly.

PBI Desktop.jpg

The second picture is a custom field I created in Salesforce to hopefully get this report to work on the Salesforce mobile app. The field creates a link in Salesforce where the user clicks it on the account page and it then opens the Power BI report in the Power BI mobile app. I cannot get it to filter to the account the user was viewing in Salesforce. I am attempting to get it to work with the Hyperlink with this filter in the URL "&?filter=POS_CUSTOMER_DIMENSION_V/SALESFORCE_ID eq 'Record.ID' "

That same filter works in the desktop app for Salesforce.

Mobile Link.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors