Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Reference Line: Scatter Chart

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to display a reference line on the X and Y axis to generate a form of magic quadrant that splits the data up into 4 sections. Essentially, I want the reference line to always be placed half way between the minimum and maximum value of both x and y axis, rather than a static reference line - dynamic, if you will. 

The 4 quadrants will be based on the data points having a value higher or lower than the two dynamic lines. If the point falls above both of lines, its in the top right quadrant. If it falls below both of lines, the data point will fall in the bottom left quadrant. TL;DR - I want the legend to be dynamic rather than static based on two reference lines (number of transactions and size of transactions). 

Is this possible to do given this visual? I highly doubt it, but I thought I would ask. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Regards and thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

It seems you'd like the visual as below

Capture15.JPG 

You could find  Quadrant Chart custom visual in Power BI.

The default Scatter chart doesn't support to add such feature,

If the custom visual doesn't meet your requirement completely,

you could vote the similar idea here.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.