Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AlaIssa
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Measure - Target switch and Calculation

Dear All,

I would appreciate your kind help on the below:

I want to create dynamic target measure; I have table contains the below data 

Col1

Tgt1

Col2

Tgt2

Col3

Tgt3

A1

B1

C1

A2

B2

I have three matrix visual,

one contains data of col1 and 2nd contains data of col2 and 3rd contains data of col3

I want to create dynamic measure to perform the following:

1)

If user select visual one (Col1 , value = A1) , I want that col2 , col3 tgt to be switched as per “A1” TGT, example

Col1

Tgt1

Col2

Tgt2

Col3

Tgt3

A1 selected

B1

100 to be

C1

99 to be

B2

100 to be

2)

If user select visual two (Col2 , value = B2) , I want that col1 , col3 tgt to be switched as per “B2” TGT, example

Col1

Tgt1

Col2

Tgt2

Col3

Tgt3

A1

70 to be

C1

70 to be

A2

70 to be

B2

70 selected

And if user doesn’t select none of the visuals, default value = 100

And if user select two values in col1 ( A1, A2) , default value = 100

Any ideas how can I create measure to manage this dynamic target?

Thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4
AlaIssa
Frequent Visitor

Dear all,

I have 2 slicers so when I select the first one the data for matrix refresh based on first slicer selection and what selection you do for slicer 2 will keep same data as of slicer1

In the switch statement

I define the formula to start from slicer1 to slicer2

( is filtered funtion)

so when I select slicer2 and clear data from slicer1 the matrix refreshed based on slicer2 but when I keep slicer2 and select slicer1 the data also refresh for slicer1 selection

so seems formula works start from slicer1 to slicer2 so how can I make it flexible

I mean when I select slicer1 data and whatever slicer2 selection keeps slicer1 data 

and when I select slicer2 and whatever slicer1 selection keeps slicer2 selection 

thank you

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlaIssa ,

Please check if this is your expected output:

vcgaomsft_1-1705658183690.png

If not, please consider providing a test file without private information.
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Thank you so much for the help

I am attaching the link, I have created 3 visiuals and 3 slicers , what I want is when I select slicer1 (col1) the data of target in visual 2 and visual 3 should be changed as per slicer1 selection 

Example: if I select slicer1 (C1) , the target in visiual2 for Col2 data should be 100 and the target for visiual3 for col3 data should be 100. 

if I select Col3 (Cl3) , the target in visiual2 for Col2 data should be 90 and the target for visiual1 for col1 data should be 90. 

which I want dynamic target based on slicer selection and default value as an example = 99

data are all in 1 table 

thanks a lot for the support 

demo.pbix

Any idea how can I manage this scenario?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.