Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maxmnb
Regular Visitor

Dynamic Map Title with Drilldown

Hi,

I have a map visual with 3 levels of data (State, County, and City). I want to display which level of the hierarchy I am currently in and changes as you drill up or down in the visual. I have been able to figure out how to display a selected value from a slicer but can't figure it out for drilling down in a map visual.

Any idea how I can display which level I am currently on while drilling down?

Note: If there is a way to use buttons or a slicer to make the map drill up and down that would also work.

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, 

Thanks for the suggestion. The SELECTEDVALUE function didn't work because the text needed to be conditional on the drilldown within the map instead of clicking a slicer. I was able to resolve the issue by creating a bookmark for each data layer in the map's drilldown and then also having a text box that said which level was clicked. That way when you click a bookmark, it would drilldown/up to a specific layer and the textbox for that layer would appear.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maxmnb ,

Please use similar conditional formatting on map visual.

Measure = "Now at " & SELECTEDVALUE(DimGeography[Country]) & " Country " & SELECTEDVALUE(DimGeography[State]) & " State " & SELECTEDVALUE(DimGeography[City]) & " Ctiy"

vcgaomsft_0-1655805322031.png

See if it helps.

Power BI Desktop April 2019 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Attached PBIX file for reference.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Hi, 

Thanks for the suggestion. The SELECTEDVALUE function didn't work because the text needed to be conditional on the drilldown within the map instead of clicking a slicer. I was able to resolve the issue by creating a bookmark for each data layer in the map's drilldown and then also having a text box that said which level was clicked. That way when you click a bookmark, it would drilldown/up to a specific layer and the textbox for that layer would appear.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.